- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand (May 1989)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Otago (1988)
- Member – New Zealand Law Society
- Member – Property Law Section
- Chartered Director and Fellow of the New Zealand Institute of Directors
- Finalist in inaugural Westpac/Fairfax Women of Influence Awards 2013 – Board and Management category
- Chair – Chatsford and Birchleigh Management Limited
- Chair – Save the Children New Zealand
- Chair - Police Health Plan Limited
- Chair - Broadcasting Standards Authority
- Member of New Zealand Order of Merit (December 2014) for services to governance and business
Susie is an experienced lawyer across a wide range of property, commercial, trust and estate law. She also advises on employment issues. Susie enjoys working with her clients to achieve their desired results.
Susie is also an experienced company director and this gives her a unique understanding of the role of a director in providing governance advice and the difficulties faced by organisations.
Whilst not at work Susie loves reading, music, travel and is an enthusiastic gardener. Susie has a love of fashion, having previously been a longstanding Chair of ID Dunedin Fashion Inc.